AS AMERICA, INC. LIMITED WARRANTY FOR MASTER SERIES TUBS AND ACRYLIC BASES
AS America, Inc. (“American Standard®”) warrants to the original non-commercial owner that it will, at its option, repair or replace any of its plumbing products found by it to be defective under normal use and maintenance within the following periods from date of initial purchase: electronic components – two (2) years; pump motors – three (3) years; fittings and plumbing – two (2) years; shell – ten (10) years non-commercial; three (3) years commercial. A commercial installation includes use of the product in apartments and other rental units, non-residential facilities, hotels, commercial businesses and/or other public accommodations. In the event of a warranty claim proof of purchase will be required – save your sales receipt. This warranty is non-transferable to subsequent purchasers or owners. The sole exception to the non-transferability of this warranty is that if this product is purchased by a plumber, contractor or other service provider, this warranty extends to the first property owner on whose behalf the product was purchased for installation.
For this warranty to become effective, the warranty registration process must be completed via the internet or telephone per the warranty registration instructions.
Because American Standard cannot control the quality of products sold by unauthorized sellers, this warranty applies only to American Standard products which were purchased from American Standard or an American Standard authorized seller, unless otherwise prohibited by law. American Standard reserves the right to reject warranty claims from purchasers for products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized Internet sites.
This warranty DOES NOT COVER the following:
1. Defects or damage arising from shipping, installation, alterations, accidents, abuse, misuse, lack of proper maintenance and use of other than genuine American Standard replacement parts, in all cases whether caused by a plumbing contractor, service company, the owner or any other person.
2. Deterioration through normal wear and tear.
3. Expense of normal maintenance – periodic replacement of washers, seals, etc. is a normal maintenance requirement.
4. IN NO EVENT WILL AMERICAN STANDARD BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY INSTALLATION MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TILES, MARBLE ETC.
5. Postage or shipping costs for returning products for repairs or replacement under this warranty and labor or other costs incurred in connection with product removal or installation under this warranty.
6. ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. THE EXTENSION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR AN INTENDED PURPOSE BEYOND THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.
8. Responsibility for compliance with local code requirements. (Since local code requirements vary greatly, distributors, retailers, dealers, installation contractors and users of plumbing products should determine whether there are any code restrictions on the installation or use of a specific product.)
9. If a whirlpool unit is purchased by a dealer and used as a demonstration unit the warranty takes effect as soon as the dealer uses the product as a demo. If this demonstration unit is subsequently sold to a customer, the dealer may transfer the remaining period of the warranty to the buyer only with American Standard written approval.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
Obtaining Warranty Service
If you believe that you have a warranty claim, contact American Standard, either through an authorized AS America, Inc. dealer or re-seller, by writing to the addresses below, or visiting the website below:
In the United States
AMERICAN STANDARD BRANDS
One Centennial Avenue
Piscataway, NJ 08855
Attn: Director of Consumer Affairs
For residents of the United States, warranty information
may also be obtained by calling the following toll free number:
LIXIL Canada Inc.
5900 Avebury Road
Canada L5R 3M3
Toll Free: (800) 387-0369
American Standard B&K Mexico
S. de R.L. de C.V.
Via Morelos #330
Col. Santa Clara
Ecatepec 55540 Edo. Mexico
Toll Free: 01-800-839-1200
Please be sure to provide all pertinent information regarding your claim, including your sales receipt, a complete description of the problem, the product, model number, color, finish, purchase date, and from whom the product was purchased.
For other information, or to obtain the name and address of the service and repair facility nearest you, call (800) 442-1902 (in the United States); (800) 387-0369 (in Canada) and 01-800-839-1200 (in Mexico).
Effective Date: July 1, 2020