New American Standard Flash Pressure Balance Shower Valve Delivers Installation Flexibility While Reducing Installation Times
For every five plumbers who retire, only one enters the profession. This driving force behind the shortage of skilled labor has one implication for plumbers: being over capacity.
The American Standard brand, part of LIXIL Americas, is now giving these plumbers time back on every job. The new Flash pressure balance valve delivers maximum installation flexibility with features that speed up installation.
Flash provides a variety of pipe connection options with a compact size and design that makes installation quicker and easier in different construction situations. An exclusive stub-out connection is the first to work with press-connect fittings without additional solder or piping. The American Standard Flash development team collaborated with ViegaTM to design and test the connections. Viega has endorsed the valve to work with the Viega ProPress® System.
Another Flash time-saving exclusive is the PEX elbow connection. The valve body rotates 180 degrees, enabling PEX connections from either floor or ceiling supply lines, with no need for additional elbows.
The Flash valve also advances the heritage of the American Standard brand pioneering ceramic disc valve technology with a patented ceramic spool that allows for faster reaction time from pressure changes with lower, water-saving flow rates. The ceramic discs provide an exceptional user experience from the precise mixing of hot and cold water that enables a wider range of showering temperatures. This combined with a longer drip-free life and smooth handle operation means that any callbacks from jobs using the Flash pressure balance valve are not likely to be problems, but referrals from happy customers.
Simplified Installation Process
- Small valve body that fits in tight spaces.
- Valve body includes test cap to speed up testing and flushing lines.
- Flat back and sturdy mount designed for 2x4 wall installation.
- First-to-market stub-out connections allow for connecting press-connect fittings directly to the valve without additional solder or piping.
- PEX Elbow Connection which can turn 180 degrees to accommodate incoming pipes from either direction (both Crimp and Cold Expansion).
- PEX Connections (both Crimp and Cold Expansion).
- CPVC Connection.
- Universal Connection for all-around use.
The Flash rough and trim are sold separately to minimize the potential for damage or loss on the job site.
To learn more, visit americanstandard.com/flash or call (800) 442-1902.
FlashTM is a trademark of AS Americas, Inc.